Things to Consider When Making Your Own Incubator
Building your own egg incubator can be a lot of fun and very rewarding. But there are several things you'll want to consider.
Here are some of the questions you’ll want to answer before starting down the path of building your own incubator:
1. How much will it cost to build my own incubator? Would it be less expensive to simply buy one?
2. What design should I use?
3. Do I need a small tabletop design or a larger cabinet style?
4. What do I have available to use as a container?
5. What do I have available to use for a thermostat, heater and fan?
6. Would an IncuKit be a good fit for me?
7. What to do about an egg turner? Should I design and build my own or just purchase an automatic egg turner? Or should I just turn the eggs by hand?
8. How much time will it take to get supplies, design it, build and test it?
The key question: Do I REALLY want to build my own? For those up for the challenge, we have many of the supplies you may need for it. But if all of this seems bigger than you want to bite off, we have incubators that are ready to go right out of the box.
Here are a few videos which show some basic steps in building your own incubator: Build your own incubator!
Go to our next section to learn more about building your own incubator: