IncuKit™ XL for Reptile Incubators
The IncuKit XL™ for reptiles is an all-in-one kit designed to be the heart and brains of a homemade reptile incubator. It allows you to convert a cabinet-sized enclosure into an incubator! To make your own incubator, you can use anything from an old refrigerator to a custom built cabinet! Simply choose your enclosure and install your IncuKit XL™ for reptiles unit inside. Pretty cool? Well, actually it's pretty hot and it works very well.
The IncuKit XL™ for reptiles has been redesigned to work specifically in reptile incubators that require lower temps!
The IncuKit XL™ for reptiles includes the following:
- Basic Thermostat module: This is a standard on/off thermostat. This means that when the temperature hits a certain point, it turns the heater off and then back on full power once the temperature drops below a certain point. It will control the heater and fan. This comes pre-set to 99.5 degrees F but is fully adjustable to the temperature required for reptile eggs.
- 1 x 125 Watt Heater/Fan: This heater/fan is great for providing heat to medium to large size reptile incubators. The included wire adapter makes it so the heater and fan turn off once the desired temperature is reached. This helps to minimize the drying out of eggs and overheating the incubator.
- To determine if the included heater/fan unit will provide enough heat, a simple light bulb test will help. Get light bulbs that will generate enough heat to easily warm your incubator to at least your desired temperature. See how many watts are required and that will help you know which option to select.
- The buyer is responsible for determining if this will generate enough heat for your enclosure.
Caution: this is an AC powered device that you will be mounting in your incubator yourself. You must use a great deal of common sense when dealing with electrical devices. Electricity is wonderful but can be very dangerous. Use caution, common sense and if in doubt, ASK AN EXPERT!!!
The IncuKit includes the following:
- Electronic Basic Digital Thermostat
- 1 x Heater/fan. Each heater and fan module includes a high-output 120mm AC fan with protective screen, an integrated 125 watt heater with built-in safety thermal switch and mounting plate
- Adapter extension cord for reptile incubators
- All mounting hardware
- Installation and operating instructions
Easy to install and set up. All mounting hardware needed is included. And our step-by-step video makes it easy to install. Just mount the heater and fan module, mount the thermostat, connect them together and then plug it in. It's so easy!!
Simple to install! See this instructional video to see how simple it is to install this in your home-made incubator:
If you find that your particular incubator needs more air circulation (a common issue in odd-shaped incubators), we offer 92mm and 120mm AC fans.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What size of an incubator will the IncuKit heat?
There is not a predetermined size that the IncuKit will work for. This is because each incubator is built different and it is impossible to know which IncuKit will work for each design. There are several factors that will affect which IncuKit you will need to consider. A couple of these are the size, dimensions, and insulation. A good general rule of thumb for each size IncuKit is:
IncuKit XL With 1 x Heater/Fan – Approximately an incubator the size of an apartment refrigerator
IncuKit XL With 2 x Heater/Fans – Approximately the size of a GQF Sportsman Cabinet incubator
Before selecting an IncuKit we recommend performing a light bulb test to determine what wattage of heating element you will need. Click here to learn about the light bulb test.
Product Instructions & Documents