IncuKit™ XL for Cabinet Incubators 220V
ThermostatIncuStat™ Basic for IncuKit XL
220/240V Fan/Heater Units1 x 125 Watt Fan/Heater Unit 2 x 125 Watt Fan/Heater Unit
220 Volt International Version. Click here to see the 110V North America Version. The IncuKit XL ™ is an all-in-one kit designed to be the heart and brains of a homemade cabinet incubator. It allows you to convert a cabinet-sized enclosure into an incubator! To make your own incubator, you can use anything from an old refrigerator to a custom built cabinet! Simply choose your enclosure and install your IncuKit XL™ unit inside. Pretty cool? Well, actually it's pretty hot and it works very well.
The IncuKit XL™ series has been redesigned to provide you with more options and versatility!
- IncuStat Basic Thermostat module: This is a standard on/off thermostat. This means that when the temperature hits a certain point, it turns the heater off and then back on full power once the temperature drops below a certain point. It will control the heater and fan. This comes pre-set to 99.5 degrees F.
Select how many heater and fan modules your container will require:
- The number of heater and fan modules will be determined by the size of your container, how well it is insulated and the temperature outside the incubator. The IncuKit XL™ can be configured with one or two heater and fan modules, depending on these factors.
- Each heater and fan module will provide 125 watts of power. For medium size containers this may be all you need. For larger containers, you can add a second module to add an additional 125 watts of power.
- Do determine which option is best for you, a simple light bulb test will help. Get light bulbs that will generate enough heat to easily warm your incubator to at least 100 degrees F. See how many watts are required and that will help you know which option to select.
- The buyer is responsible for determining if this will generate enough heat for your enclosure.
Caution: this is an AC powered device that you will be mounting in your incubator yourself. You must use a great deal of common sense when dealing with electrical devices. Electricity is wonderful but can be very dangerous. Use caution, common sense and if in doubt, ASK AN EXPERT!!!
The IncuKit includes the following:
- Electronic Pre-Set thermostat designed specifically for incubators by IncubatorWarehouse.com (see details below)
- Each heater and fan module includes a high-output 120mm AC fan with protective screen, an integrated 125 watt heater with built-in safety thermal switch and mounting plate
- All mounting hardware
- Installation and operating instructions
Easy to install and set up. All mounting hardware needed is included. And our step-by-step video makes it easy to install. Just mount the heater and fan module, mount the thermostat, connect them together and then plug it in. It's so easy!!
Simple to install! See this instructional video to see how simple it is to install this in your home-made incubator:
If you find that your particular incubator needs more air circulation (a common issue in odd-shaped incubators), we offer 92mm and 120mm AC fans.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
How do I determine what wattage of heating element I will need for my incubator?
One of the simplest ways to determine what size of heating element you need in an incubator is what we call the light bulb test. To perform this test, you simply place a light bulb(s) in the incubator with the approximate wattage that you think will work. If this heats the incubator to or a little above the desired set temperature approximately the same wattage of heating element will also work. If it goes over by a lot than you will want a lower wattage heating element. If it takes a long time to heat up or never reaches the desired temp you will need a larger heating element.
What size of an incubator will the IncuKit heat?
There is not a predetermined size that the IncuKit will work for. This is because each incubator is built different and it is impossible to know which IncuKit will work for each design. There are several factors that will affect which IncuKit you will need to consider. A couple of these are the size, dimensions, and insulation. A good general rule of thumb for each size IncuKit is:
IncuKit XL With 1 x Heater/Fan – Approximately an incubator the size of an apartment refrigerator
IncuKit XL With 2 x Heater/Fans – Approximately the size of a GQF Sportsman Cabinet incubator
Before selecting an IncuKit we recommend performing a light bulb test to determine what wattage of heating element you will need. Click here to learn about the light bulb test.