Egg Incubator Buyers Guide
This guide covers the following topics:
- Selecting the Right Incubator
- Which Accessories do I need?
- Getting the Best Value
- Why Buy from Incubator Warehouse?
- Incubation Basics
1) Selecting the Right Incubator
Many customers ask about the differences between the Little Giant 9300 and the Hova-Bator 1602n egg incubators. They both hold the same quantity of eggs and are well known for being a popular choice when incubating reptile eggs. There are a few differences:
- First, the thermostats are very different.
- The Hova-Bator 1602N uses a mechanical wafer-style thermostat. It works great but you will need to install it (not very difficult and comes with good instructions). The Hova-Bator adjusts its temperature in a multi turn rotation (one full rotation of the adjustment knob will provide a small temperature change).
- The Little Giant 9300 replaces the mechanical Little Giant 9200 and uses a built-in digital electronic thermostat with temperature and humidity readout.
Our experience shows that both incubators work well and will get the job done. Comparing these two is tricky as the Little Giant 9300 replaced the previous version 9200 which was the mechanical equivalent of the Hova Bator 1602N. When asked to give an opinion we prefer the Hova Bator 1602N over the Little Giant 9300. It is just a matter of preference. We have sold TONS of each incubator with very happy customer experiences with either incubator.
2) Which Accessories do I need?
Based on feedback from our customers, most people find that just buying a still air incubator is not enough to get the results they want. We have listed our most common accessories below (in order of importance). Don't forget to consider buying items together, you will save money on shipping costs and product costs by buying a kit (see next section).
A Medium/Substrate: Vermiculite and perlite are two of the most popular mediums used in reptile incubation. They are used to retain water and keep humidity in your incubator up so your eggs do not dry out.
Thermometer/Hygrometer: (A Hygrometer measures humidity) The Hova-Bator 1602N comes with a glass thermometer but nothing to measure humidity (Hygrometer). This makes getting a thermometer/hygrometer a necessity.
Egg Candler: This accessory is the most fun of all of them. Short of watching the eggs hatch, there is nothing quite as exciting as watching the bird move and develop while still inside the egg.
3) Combo Kits - Best Value
Our most popular items are our Combo Kits because we offer a wide range of products & accessories at GREAT prices and reduced shipping costs. We offer two reptile combo kits to get you started and each have all the required items included to get started.
- Little Giant 9300 Still Air Egg Incubator Kit for Reptiles
- Hova Bator 1602N Still Air Egg Incubator Kit for Reptiles
4) Why Buy from Incubator Warehouse?
You get 3 great GUARANTEES:
1) 1 Year Hassle-Free Guarantee
Our Hassle-Free Guarantee enhances the Manufacturer's Warranty. If anything goes wrong within the first year of ownership, we will make it right. We stand behind every sale we make.
2) Low Price Guarantee
If a buyer finds a better price on the same item elsewhere, we'll beat that price. Guarantee only applies to product price (excludes shipping costs). Buyer must document the better price and submit for review (website link, screenshot, advertisement, etc.) Submissions will be reviewed within 1-2 business days. Guarantee excludes auctions, used or refurbished, clearance, completed listings, or past sales/advertisements.
3) Free Shipping
We offer FREE shipping on all domestic orders over $25. (Excludes Hawaii, Alaska, and US territories)
5) Incubation Basics
Click here to review our reptile incubation guide.
Still Need Help? Call us at 208-740-1EGG (1344)
We try to answer all phone calls, but if our representatives are busy, please leave a message and they will call you back at their earliest convenience. We can usually be reached, Mon-Thurs 8am to 5pm & Fri 8am to 3pm MST.